Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15, 2012 Update 7 on Mabel, the Rescued Cocker


Mabel left Tails-By-The-Bay Dog Camp this morning to stay with her other foster mom for the long Alaskan winter. Cindy and sisters Bette & Suzi picked her up this morning at 11 AM and had to wake her up because Mabel decided to sleep in today.  It was bittersweet for me and if I could take her with me on our road trip to North Carolina I would do so. But, I think it would be very hard on her traveling across country in Dora with the other six dogs in tow. We will miss her sweet little face and disposition but will see her again in April at Dog Camp for the summer.

Ms. Mabel continues to do well. She loves to eat, sleep and meander around the deck. She also likes to lie on her bed and watch the activities around her. Often other TBTB resident dogs get on her bed to snuggle next to her. 
Mabel with Anne, Snugglin'
Thanks to all of you for your generosity in helping us care for her. We will continue to fundraise to help cover her heart medicine. No donation is too small and we greatly appreciate it. http://mabel.chipin.com/meds-for-mabel-the-rescued-cocker

I will be in contact with Cindy over the winter and will be able to give updates on Mabel’s progress. So that’s the news on Ms. Mabel for now. She’s sending hugs and licks to all her fans.

Woof! Woof!

2 comments:

  1. Woof-Woof, Mabel wanted me to say to all her fans, that she is doing fine at Mommie Cindy's....I get tons of bedding to help me keep the memories of Mommy Karen and all the Dogs at tails by the bay dog camp.
    Mommy Cindy has a deck to meander and a warm heater to snuggle with my sisters.
    Chat soon, Love you all
    Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that sounds perfect for Ms. Mabel to stay w/her Cindy mama & enjoy a quiet winter....I'm sure Karen mama will send postcards to her from North Carolina!! Looking forward to future Mabel updates!! :) Love, Christa

    ReplyDelete